Redang Island Trip Part 1 (14 - 16 May 2008)

 DSC01911

It was a long while since my last post. I just finished my part-time job as photographer in my brother's wedding & came back from Redang Island 2 weeks ago. Handling all the tedious pending jobs in company & now I just have times to update my blog.    

Now let's us back to the topic, it was a trip I waited for so long & this time. It won't let me down after all. Overall, it was fantastic! We took our bus on 13 May 9:00PM, what's a rushing moment since most of us are still working on that day. Luckily, we're still able to catch the bus within time & with dinner served as well.


DSC01667
DSC01678
DSC01687

Reached Kuala Terengganu bus terminal around 14 May 5:30AM morning, having our breakfast & wait for the Redang Laguna Resort's bus to take us to the Merang Jetty. Arrived at Merang Jetty around 9:00AM as scheduled, then we're doing windows shopping around the souvenir shops nearby the jetty. Souvenirs here are quite expensive compared with those available in town but I still seen there're many people hunting for it.

DSC01664

I've never been to Redang Island before but I'm really amazed with the present of the tourists. They're many foreign visitors especially young men (Seem like I'm in the group of old man), fully surrounding the jetty. Good business for the resort especially in the summer season.

Day 1
One hour plus of boating, finally we arrived at the jetty of the Redang Laguna Resort. The hotel management is well organized & effective. We're having briefing by the instructors with all the necessary information we should know. Then directed by staff  to the hotel entrance for check in. Welcome drinks are served for all the guests, with nice decoration of the hotel & most of all.
I just want to jump into the sea & look for Nemo that I haven't seen in so long. :-)  


DSC01888

DSC01707


DSC01827

DSC01709

DSC01713

DSC01723

After our lunch, we went back to our rooms to have shower & be prepared for the 3:00PM deep sea snorkeling session. The hotel room is nice & cosy, with a balcony built. Equipped with hot water shower, small refrigerator & electronic safes as well, quite convenient.

3:00PM deep sea snorkeling is such a disappointment since there are too many people went for the trip. I think more than 150 people with 4 boats park nearby the snorkeling spot. As you can imagine that people are more than fishes you could see. :-( However, we're still able to capture some nice photos of the sea life although the water visibility is quite bad.


DSCF0545

DSCF0563

DSCF0546

DSCF0615

Dinner moment is something big, we're well served with variety foods by Sang Suria Restaurant. Its foods may not delicious or best in town but it do serve your stomach well, I think I will gaining more pounds after these few days since variety foods are served here. :-) Just can't stop myself to taste them all.

DSC01748

DSC01757

DSC01786

DSC01796

DSC01765

Finished our dinner, all of us having a short walks on the beach. There're many resorts located here along the beach, properly more then 10 resorts. The beach is long, long enough from stopping us walking anymore. :-) Since this is the first day & most of us are tired because lack of sleep while in the bus. Therefore, we're back to our rooms & having our wine & Uno sessions as soon as possible before we're totally knocked out. That's the end of our first day in this gorgeous island. To be continued...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Video Collection of the Month

Bali Island ( 9 - 12 May 06)

Happy Belated Mother’s Day!